Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Best Customer Service

Customer Service


A crowded United Air Lines flight was cancelled. A single agent was
assigned to rebook a long line of unhappy inconvenienced travelers. She
was doing her best when suddenly an angry customer pushed his way to her
desk. He slapped his ticket down on the counter and shouted: "I don't
want to stand in line. I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be
FIRST CLASS and RIGHT NOW!"
The young agent replied, "I'm sorry, sir,
I'll try to help you but I've got to help these folks first. I'm sure
we'll be able to work things out for you."
The angry passenger was
unimpressed and unrelenting. He asked loudly, so that all the passengers
could hear, "I don't want to stand in line! Do you have any idea who I
am?"
Without hesitation, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address
microphone. "May I have you attention, please," her voice bellowed
through the terminal. We have a passenger here WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE
IS. If anyone can help him identify himself, please come to the gate."

With the crowd laughing hysterically, he glared at her and swore "Fuck
you!"
Without flinching, she smiled an said, "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll
have to stand in line for that too!"

No comments: